Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Fritz:
Thank you for the post. Is the .32 cal. a mistake then?

Should the entry read as follows:

Pistole 647 (f) Ex Pistolet Automatic Type "Colt" caliber .38 (French contract Star B).

JT

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
JT,

Yes ,the cal. was a mistake and you are right with your statement.

They mean a Spanish Star but surprisingly in the cal.38

Fritz

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Fritz:
Great. I'll change the listing, but one more question first. Does anyone know which .38 cartridge it was chambered for?
I ask, because my books show the Model A in .38 Super, and the Model B in 9mm Para.
JT

·
Registered
227 Posts
Correction on the Norwegian guns:

You wrote:
"NORWAY
Revolver 610 (n) (ex Norwegian M95 Nagant) caliber 7.62
Pistole 675 [or 657?](n) (ex Norwegian M/12 and M/14 Colt Browning) caliber .45"

The correct should be:
NORWAY
Revolver 610 (n) (ex Norwegian M/1893 Nagant) caliber 7.5mm
Pistole 657(n) (ex Norwegian Colt Government M/1911, Kongsberg M/1912 and Kongsberg M/1914) all in caliber 11,25mm (.45acp)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Fritz:
You are correct. It's a Star Model A.

Research results, with help from members of the French Firearms Forum at gunboards, are as follows.

The Star Model A was never chambered for the .38 Super.

Some 9mm Bayard/Largo pistols, like the Astra 400s, will easily chamber the .38ACP, but other arms in 9mm Largo may not. .38ACP (Automatic) is where the .38 comes from.

In Gangarosa's book I notice that the Model B has a small frame extension at the bottom of the front grip strap. The Star pistol in the photo above does not. It is then a Model A with arched mainspring housing like the Model B.

I don't know where this French contract business arose, but it could be a confusion with the Spanish Ruby cal. 32 pistols French Ordnance purchased during WWI.

The Star A pistols were most likely brought into France by Republicans fleeing the Spanish Civil War and its aftermath.

Here is a proposed new entry to replace the two existing entries:

Pistole 647 (f) Ex Pistolet Automatic Type "Colt" caliber 9mm Bayard-Largo/.38ACP (Star Model A). Acquired by German occupation forces in France.

Comments?

JT

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Also, I found a reference in Ezell to the Astra 600. He says in Germany it was called the Pistole Astra 600/43.
Anyone have comments on this?
JT

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
And here comes another from Automag, newsletter of NAPCA.

It's a Czech vz36 cal. .25 double action pocket pistol with an ordnance acceptance stamp on the right front trigger guard web - WaA76 in a straight line.

Is this listed in the "Kennblätter Fremden Geräts?"

JT

A

·
0 Posts
No czech pistol is listed in the "Kennblätter"!

Astra 600 vs Astra 600/43: According to Antaris "Astra Automatic Pistols" Astra M600 is the factory designation and "Pistole Astra 600/43" was the Wehrmacht designation.

The Astra 600/43 was a redesign of the Astra 400 in 9mm Para. Only the no.'s 1 - 10450 were delivered to the Wehrmacht in 1944, the other manufactured pistols 10451 - 41850 were re-sold to the West German Police in 1951.

Small numbers of this gun were sold to Portugal (800), Chile (450), Jordan (200), Turkey (200) and in even smaller numbers to the Philippines, Costa Rica and Egypt.

atoms

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Found a reference to an Astra 600 with ordnance stamp WaAD20 on Pancho's website, so have added this as an observed stamp.
JT

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
quote:Originally posted by hanko

Why do I see so much about the cz 24,27 and nothing about cz22 ?
Hank o
From the list on page 1:

CZECHOSLOVAKIA
Pistole 24 (t) (ex Czechoslovakian vz. 24 and vz. 22) caliber 9mm Kurz

This is the best information we have thus far. If you have additional information on this pistol, please post it.

Thank you,

JT

·
Registered
953 Posts
Jacob, just seen that I have forgotten to answer.
The pages are printed only on the front side.
Means ca. 200 pages and they cover only small arms.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts