Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictured here are two LLama Mod.Is representing pistols sold by commercial dealers like Geco or Akah during the nazi era.
The exact destination of these pistols could not be revealed, but mostly they were bought by German military officers or nazi organisations.
The pistols were manufactured in 1943 ( bar/N stamp on the lhs of the slide ) and 1944 ( star/O stamp ), the Geco trade mark was struck on different places.
Some are reported in the 60000-75000 serial range.
I’m searching for more information on this special pistol.
Each answer will be appreciated.

Fritz

Llama Mod I # 68666
Download Attachment: 6.6. 048.jpg
158.07 KB

Download Attachment: 6.6. 044.jpg
208.7 KB

Download Attachment: 6.6. 029.jpg
153.56 KB
Llama Mod I # 74665
Download Attachment: 6.6. 001.jpg
249.43 KB

Download Attachment: 6.6. 013.jpg
231.2 KB
Download Attachment: 6.6. 008.jpg
235.04 KB

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Hi Fritz, Sorry I don't have any information to provide. However, that's a very interesting pistol. I have never heard that Llama pistols were used by the German military. Even private purchases. I'll have to watch for one of these. What caliber is it? 9mm?

Thanks, Ron

·
Platinum Bullet Member 2012
954 Posts
Fritz and Ron,
Here are some pictures of my 1943 dated LLAMA Mod. 1, sn 63689. Fritz, it has the Ñ date stamp on the left side and the GECO trade mark on the right side like the one you have pictured.

The safety lever on my 1943 pistol is the rounded type vs. the flat or more 1911 type.

I'm glad you started this topic as I haven't seen much information exchanged on these pistols.

LLAMA Mod.1, sn63689

Attachments

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
I finally located a reasonable example, which is not in the nice condition that the other presented examples are, but will do. The two rough spots on the right side of the slide appear to be lightly pepper pitted fingerprints. Holster is unmarked commercial without a spare magazine.

Fritz stated above that the GECO marked pistols are found the 6000-75000 serial range. The serial number on this one is 76260, a previously unreported range.

Download Attachment: LS.jpg
121.33KB

Download Attachment: RS.jpg
128.33KB

Download Attachment: SN.jpg
117.93KB

Download Attachment: RS with Holster.jpg
109.23KB

Ron

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm green with envy over the Geco marked Llama pistols. I've never seen one for sale!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm green with envy over the Geco marked Llama pistols. I've never seen one for sale!

G

·
I have a GECO Llama Mod 1 sn 665XX that is in 90% or better condition, just a little holster wear, with a black flap 44 marked holster that is just like new. no extra mag. It functions perfectly. Has the 1911 type safety. any idea of value?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hey Roscoe,

Beautiful Geco marked Llama pistol rig! You got it ALL there man. Holster with capture declaration and the pistol looks like it just came off the production line. You just recently acquire this fine specimen? Thanks for posting these nice pictures. You going to be at the SOS/NGD shows next month in Louisville?

Best,

Lloyd in Vegas

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.