Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been checking prices on line for original matching Lugers. I am primarily interested in the WWII ones. In checking several sites I have seen some that sound pretty good in the descriptions. I checked gunsamerica, Simpson LTD., lugarusa, just to get an idea of prices. What I have found are the type 42 and s/42 variety (which seem to be fairly available) are typically priced from $1500 to $2000 and up for nice matching examples. Is this what I should expect to pay for a nice matching Luger in this category? I saw a couple of reblued ones for about $1000 and even one parkerized one for $1400... Does anyone have recommendations for other Luger sites that would give me a good idea for fair prices? The original matching ones I've seen at local gun shows are very few and usually priced about the same as I've seen on the internet and usually more. Thanks...

·
Administrator
15,542 Posts
Mark, I have seen prices from about $800 and up. for a good, run of the mill, matching (maybe not magazine matching, but that is to be expected) WW2 era luger, I would expect $1200-$1500, but would think a bit less.

e-mail sent, just to chat, no WW2 ones available,

Ed

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Hi,I know you are mainly interested in WW2 lugers but I would also suggest the 1920 Luger commercial (shoots .30 Luger instead of 9mm).

They are great to shoot and I feel a great bargain. An all matching, original one can be had for approx. $700 to $1000 depending on the condition.Fiocchi ammo cost $15-$20 a box and works fine.

I think the 1920 Commercial luger is overlooked and underpriced.

Good luck.

Bob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ed, Bob ...thanks for your input.... I have seen some 1920 Commercial ones offered and I am open; did they only make them in 7.62MM or were there 9MM ones manufactured?.... Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.