Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend sent me these pictures. I will not be able to handle the pistol for 2 weeks. 1937 dated ,Serial number is 7877 . Mag is 7801 . He did not take pictures of the frame serial or the magazine. Supposed to be all matching except mag. . I need to know if this look right so far and if it had been reported.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Looks promising but you need a much better look at these .

Right side barrel proof should be through the blue .
White paint needs to go there .

MANY proofs and serials inside .

You need to verify all before calling it matching .

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
The best data sheet I know of is the many posts here . I would start by looking up 1937 's in search mode . Almost all parts will be numbered and proofed .

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
5,317 Posts
Hi Elmer,
My advice is to buy "The Krieghoff Parabellum" by Randall Gibson. You should be able to find a copy for less than a hundred bucks on Ebay or Amazon. It is the Krieghoff collector's bible, and yes, it will tell you which parts should be numbered and inspection marked.
Norm

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
The book described here is by far the best on HK lugers .
I assumed you knew about it ?

That said the book was published in 1980 and knowledge on these has advanced somewhat since .
You will find it states all markings are blued over .
That has been proven wrong with the right side barrel proof being through the blue .

It also states numerous parts are not numbered .
That is true on early and late guns but not so true on 1937 , 1938 and 1940 guns .

I would suggest posting pics of all the markings for review here .

The pics already here are very promising but more needs to be seen .

I will add pics of some of the parts that the book says are not numbered but as you will see they are indeed numbered .
Hi Elmer,
My advice is to buy "The Krieghoff Parabellum" by Randall Gibson. You should be able to find a copy for less than a hundred bucks on Ebay or Amazon. It is the Krieghoff collector's bible, and yes, it will tell you which parts should be numbered and inspection marked.
Norm

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will post additional pictures as soon as i have pistol in hand for examination.Thanks for help.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a few more pictures one error is mag number is 7807. Still not able take down for other photos any comments appreciated.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Agree but more and better pics needed .

Several of the last pics make it look all the same color .
That is not good with these but it could just be bad pics as some pics make it look good ???

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I don't know if the pistol serial number is reported in the HK database. But if it isn't, it should be. That is 100% legit.

Thanks for the additional pictures

1 - 15 of 15 Posts