Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don’t know if either or both guns have letter suffixes under the frame serial number but if they do and if your goal is to find matching magazines then the magazine number will also have to have that suffix in order to match. My experienced guess is that you will have to access several hundred wood bottom magazines or maybe thousands to find a matching number and many thousands to find a matching number and letter and correct maker. I might access two dozen “loose” decent military numbered wood bottom mags per year with a LOT of looking so maybe 20-30 years I would run across the matching one!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Very nice guns, quite unusual to be able to find both years with first of year no letter run. Of course no letter does not make finding a matched one much easier although it does open up about 3 years of earlier pre-war DWM mags into the mix 1912-14 and letters can be removed I suppose but I wouldn’t do that

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Phila for the info and kind suggestions. The 1917 is an all marching parts except for grips and mags. It has an unusual engraving “R.E.H 13” that I’m trying to identify. Could b initials but the 13 is confusing. The 1918 (#1596) is all matching except for side plate (#80) and grips and mag. I’m looking for a side plate # 96.
Camera lens Automotive design Reflex camera Camera accessory Automotive exterior

·
Administrator
15,523 Posts
Once you hit 25 postings, you will be able to see the WTT area and there are specific threads on matching up magazines and lugers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts