Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Mark,

What a beautiful German Navy M1934 rig! I assume you got it on the NGD side of the shows? I went through the NGD on setup night and I don't recall seeing the rig ( I need to get my eyes checked). The only M1934 and HScs Kriegsmarines I recall seeing were those on display by Doug Smith/FGS. He had some very nice early/rare ones but more than I could afford. Congratulations on a magnificent and very beautiful vintage Kriegsmarine Mauser!! The hoslter aint bad either! You are building a very nice WWII Kriegsmarine pistol collection. Best, Lloyd in Vegas

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lloyd,

Thanks! Your RZM pistol is pretty nice too! The gun actually came out of Doug's private collection on Sunday afternoon. I am not sure he displayed it for sale. The HSc LGS KM gun sold for $7,500.00 and was gone by the time I met up with him. I believe he sold that mint PL Rig for over 12K as well. I am not sure what that very early KM 1934 sold for, I did examine the gun and know it was sold to the same guy who bought the LGS HSc.

Doug and I have done a bit a business in the past and he is finally giving up some of the stuff out of his private collection. (like pulling teeth) I didn't pay much more for that gun than I have for other KM 1934's, the bonus was the rare holster.

Overall the show for me was like a small town guy going to NYC for the first time, watch out for the danger! What the hell was up with certain sniper rifles, KM marked Radom and odd marked Berettas at a certain table?

Also saw a TOTAL FAKE .30 P.38 made up of odd parts with e/n and c/n proofs? The e/n markings were engraved next to the c/n markings. That gun was just not right!

Mark

·
Registered
833 Posts
Mark,

Yes, there was plenty of boosted, refreshed, manipulated, enhanced and downright faked snipers at the shows. Dean Gizzi and I were talking to a dealer over at SOS of very high reputation who said he had not seen so many incorrect or faked snipers in one place. I saw several enhanced or boosted vintage WWII pistols over on the SOS side. It can be very perilous for a new collector that is for sure. I know there have been a number of German Nazi/Kriegsmarine and Luger collectors who have gotten out of that very high end part of collecting going back to the less high priced vintage WWII pistols just to avoid the constant suspicion and lack of original material so to speak. I don't think there is anything lower than trying to pass off any collectible whatever as original for the price of the genuine article. This kind of premeditated deception and fraud deserves the worst kind of punishment! There has to be a special place in hell reserved for these kind of low lifes.

I know the gentleman that bought the low grip screw Kreigsmarine HSc and the early/rare Krigsmarine M1934. I looked at both of them and they are both outstanding specimens. Hopefully, he will post some pictures or information about his purchases on this forum.

I thought the NGD show was better than it has been in the last few years speaking from a collectible pistols standpoint. That second variation high polish military accepted (E/WaA359) PPK with a rare drop holster that Doug had was very outstanding! I think I recall he wanted $6,500 for it and it SOLD. Was gone when I went back to look at it right before around 11:00am Sunday.

Anyway, glad you got such a nice Kreigsmarine 34 for your collection. Now you just have to start acquiring some of those Kriegsmarine Lugers. Those I think would require not only some big buck but some careful examination and collector genealogy confirmation. Anytime you can acquire a piece out of an old collection like Doug's I would feel more confident in the originality of my purchase! Regards, Lloyd in Vegas

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mark,

Yes, I am the person who bought both of the Mausers from Doug Smith/FGS. I felt very fortunate to have the opportunity to purchase both of these outstanding rigs. The LGS Mauser HSc completed my collection of all four KM variations. I still need to fill a few gaps for the Mauser 1934 KM, but will eventually complete it. When I started this addiction a few months ago, the best advice I received was from someone on this forum. He stated to buy and read all the referance material you can, buy only the best quality, and just ask for the chance to purchase a rare pistol. I have lived by this philosophy my entire life, so junk will always be junk and quality will always sell. I want to thank again all of the fine people on this forum, especially Adler, Huggiebear, and Lloyd In Vegas for making this journey possible. Now on to the learning curve for these digital pictures. You, Jan, Lloyd, and others have this down to a science. I will try and post some pictures when I can, but bear with me. Many many thanks for this format and forum. Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.