Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I took the day off work and paid a visit to Art Buchanan.

I was fortunate enough to see his collection and eat lunch with him and his wife.

Picked up a Baby Artillery from him that was finished this week.

I don't think many of these are out there.

Rust blue was done by Charles Danner.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Nice work on the baby, and Charles does a great rust blue.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,547 Posts
Miles, Very cool! Thanks..I have known Art for years but never met in person. What's the barrel length on the baby artillery?

Charles does a great rust blue. DITTO!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the first example of Mr. Danner's work I have seen in person. Needles to say, I am pretty impressed.

Jerry, The barrel on this is 6 inches, I am in the process of putting together anther cannon assembly with a 3 inch barrel.

Took it to the range this weekend and put 100 rounds of WWB through it with no issues.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
There is a real coolness factor to that. I can hear some dope now yelling about the sight radius. +1 to Harry on Mr. Danner.
Well, some dope would be correct, the sight radius on that 7" artillery barrel is a couple inches shy of the sight radius on a 4" barrel luger.

Just call me a "dope".:cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is a photo of the 3 inch cannon finished and mounted for those who care to see it.
Thinking about contacting Huey Gun cases to get some sort of custom box built to hold the kit.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
You can save a bunch of money on a case and still get top notch quality at the same time. Heritage Case has made me several french fitted cases and in a timely manner for less than half of what Huey would charge.
http://www.heritagecasecompany.com/

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
5,347 Posts
Well, some dope would be correct, the sight radius on that 7" artillery barrel is a couple inches shy of the sight radius on a 4" barrel luger.

Just call me a "dope".:cool:
Call me a dope as well. In addition to the loss of accuracy inherent with a shortened sight radius, that Artillery sight will compound the problem. It's distance markings were designed for the 8" barrel, with the 7" it will shoot wildly high on anything other than the lowest setting.
Norm

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
3,811 Posts
Norm,

If you have to aim with a pistol, you're shooting too far, anyway.:rolleyes:
Pat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.