Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Been following the various posts with great interest. I have been a Luft collector for about 20 years and as such bumped into Bob (Skip) at several SOS and other shows. About 2 years ago he let me know about his illness and talked me into (didn't take much effort) helping him move several of his niche items. As a result, I now have several of his Luft shotguns, including a gorgeous textbook Sauer; a very interesting English configeration straight stocked Sauer, and a BSW. Jim, of course I have your book and was most interested in the pictures of the Luft shotguns therein. The picture in the book is the only example of a straight stocked Sauer example I have seen, have you encountered any other examples? My estimation is that this is one of the rarest of the Sauer examples but I am still trying to find some other confirmation of that. Also, does anyone have any idea as to the production amounts of the Sauers vs the BSWs?

I was excited when I first got my drillings, but am even more interested in these

Thanks for any help

·
2,360 Posts
Sorry to be tardy in answering your inquiry! The BSWs are even more rare than the Sauer Luftwaffe guns. How much more rare? I don't have a clue. I base my answer on 'known' examples here and in Europe. The photo of the straight stocked Sauer is the only one that I have ever seen, but it does prove that there were, in fact, some ordered specifically from Sauer with these English type stocks. Why? Again, who knows?? They are easy to fall in love with, aren't they? jim

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply...they are certainly fascinating to have in front of you and to go over

·
2,360 Posts
11/30 - Today I got an email regarding a Merkel Luftwaffe marked over/under 12 gauge, 70mm chambers. Another rare Luftwaffe shotgun used to train pilots how to lead targets correctly. JIM

·
Registered
20 Posts
need price help.. have chance to buy a M30 Luftwaffe drilling today just the gun no case or anything else.. gun is in very nice cond.. need a price range that i could operate in.. i see sales but they are all from years ago or have all the stuff and i dont know the value of all the extras or how mutch to duduct.. if anybody is up on these call me at 480 232 3772 or email at [email protected] thanks in advance.. chad barnes phx az

·
2,360 Posts
It is impossible to tell you anything that would be applicable without photos and a full description of the Drilling's condition. Jim Cate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts