Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sponsor of Gunboards
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have Luftwaffe Drilling accessories for sale , or for borrow?
I am helping with a book, which will have photos of a cased Drilling but I am lacking the accessories. I have the gun and the strap. Oh, and I have the manual, so I need the ammo, and the cleaning rod. I can borrow and return if you are willing??
Thanks

·
2,360 Posts
Tom, if you find a copy of my Sauer book about the hunting and sporting guns made by Sauer before 1946 you will see color photos of the contents of an original cased Sauer Drilling. In the late '50s and early '60s Speer (ammo company) imported the 9.3x74R ammo from Germany in the original boxes just like were used with the cased Drillings before the end of the war. The manuals have been reprinted in recent years, and there were 2 different types of cleaning rods that were used by Sauer with these Drillings. Hope this helps. JIM

·
2,360 Posts
I have noticed several of the Luftwaffe accepted Sauer Drillings on Gunbroker lately; one of which was cased with all the accessories. Prices are all over the board, it seems. I'm convinced a few of these cased examples were still on hand in Suhl when our GIs arrived in April, 1945. Some years ago I had met with a WWII vet who returned home with an example he had won in a poker game before leaving Germany in late 1945. He also had a beautiful PPK rig which he did sell me, but "no banana" with the Drilling. I'm sure he gave it to his son before he passed away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts