Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I’m new in the forum, reading the posts here I already learned a lot about Luger pistols. I’m looking for more information about my Luger 1911 DWM, S/N 8000, all matching numbers but the magazine. It has an R on the outside of the grip and Ritter written on the inside of the grip, (matching to the gun). Any information you might have will be appreciated. Thanks in advance !
Trigger Revolver Shotgun Air gun Bumper

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Fluid Wood Revolver Gas Gun accessory

Wood Gas Font Rectangle Concrete

Wood Rectangle Artifact Electric blue Gas

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Bumper Rim

Office supplies Trigger Bicycle part Electric blue Cylinder

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Revolver

Wood Revolver Gas Motor vehicle Gun accessory

Office supplies Writing implement Pen Writing instrument accessory Wood

Bicycle part Gas Auto part Metal Electric blue

Material property Gas Bumper Auto part Font
Tire Automotive tire Tread Wood Synthetic rubber

Thigh Undergarment Comfort Tints and shades Swimwear

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome!

Step one. Please post some pictures for us! Also, make sure there is not a letter under the serial number. The letter is part of the serial number.

See the FAQ for some model pictures and angles as well as some basic information about Lugers that I am sure you will find interesting!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome!

Step one. Please post some pictures for us! Also, make sure there is not a letter under the serial number. The letter is part of the serial number.

See the FAQ for some model pictures and angles as well as some basic information about Lugers that I am sure you will find interesting!
Thank you for welcoming me. Here some pictures, I hope they are not blurry. Thanks again.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Uh oh, looks like the pictures did not attach. I believe that you need to attach/insert the pictures to the post after you upload them (I know, I forget this step often as well).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uh oh, looks like the pictures did not attach. I believe that you need to attach/insert the pictures to the post after you upload them (I know, I forget this step often as well).
I posted them in the initial post, Could you please check there ? If not, I’ll upload them again. Thanks .

·
Administrator
14,259 Posts
pictures are here - Welcome to the forum

I see a buffed and reblued, 1911 (year made), DWM (manufacturer) that went to army service. The H.P. 55 - is this the one that was for sale recently?
I have a couple of HP mags and have a HP holster

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pictures are here - Welcome to the forum

I see a buffed and reblued, 1911 (year made), DWM (manufacturer) that went to army service. The H.P. 55 - is this the one that was for sale recently?
I have a couple of HP mags and have a HP holster
Buffed and reblued, I guess that’s not good, right ? I have 4 magazines for her, none of them matching. Thanks.

·
Administrator
14,259 Posts
Its worth 700-1100 $'s - depending on who is looking, reblued like this is never good (my first luger looks just like yours, and I still have it).
My question on the HP mag was that I saw an HP 55 fairly recently, so wondered if you'd bought it, OR its the 2nd mag floating out there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its worth 700-1100 $'s - depending on who is looking, reblued like this is never good (my first luger looks just like yours, and I still have it).
My question on the HP mag was that I saw an HP 55 fairly recently, so wondered if you'd bought it, OR its the 2nd mag floating out there.
Thanks for the information, is there a way to know if this pistol saw action in any of the wars ? I’m fine with the reblued status, surprised but fine, I’m not an expert, just liked the pistol. What do you know about this magazines ? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the information, is there a way to know if this pistol saw action in any of the wars ? I’m fine with the reblued status, surprised but fine, I’m not an expert, just liked the pistol. What do you know about this magazines ? Thanks.

·
Administrator
14,259 Posts
No, the history does not include individual arms. However, if it is a DWM and 1911 - it was used in pre-WW!, then used in the Weimar period, then into WW2 and then the cold war.
Depends on if / when it made it to the states.

Ref magazines - can you post each one sides and base and we can comment on them

Reactions: Magseeker

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, the history does not include individual arms. However, if it is a DWM and 1911 - it was used in pre-WW!, then used in the Weimar period, then into WW2 and then the cold war.
Depends on if / when it made it to the states.

Ref magazines - can you post each one sides and base and we can comment on them
Wood Rectangle Artifact Electric blue Gas

Gesture Finger Thumb Nail Jewellery

Bumper Motor vehicle Office equipment Gas Automotive exterior

Hand Wood Finger Household hardware Gesture

Finger Nickel Gas Household hardware Thumb

Bumper Gadget Communication Device Wood Musical instrument accessory

Bumper Wood Communication Device Auto part Metal

Rectangle Wood Automotive exterior Bumper Funeral

Rectangle Wood Composite material Auto part Cylinder

Gas Composite material Metal Electric blue Auto part

Wood Gas Font Rectangle Concrete

Rectangle Tints and shades Gas Electric blue Auto part

·
Administrator
14,259 Posts
picture of 3
L-R
1- is a swiss mag - very good shooting mag
2 - is an aftermarket - post WW2
3 - this is for 1940 era Mauser mag - the base with a number means its a police mag
4. HP is a police unit

Bumper Gadget Communication Device Wood Metal

Reactions: Magseeker

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
picture of 3
L-R
1- is a swiss mag - very good shooting mag
2 - is an aftermarket - post WW2
3 - this is for 1940 era Mauser mag - the base with a number means its a police mag
4. HP is a police unit

View attachment 660669
Thank you very much Sir. ! I spent most of the day reading here and learning, mostly from your posts and responses. Much appreciated !

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Mag ----- You have a very interesting early (pre WWI) DWM luger there. I say early since it appears to not have a stock lug on its lower grip and its 1911 chamber date. Too bad it has been buffed fairly extensive and reblued.. If it weren't for that your luger would have a current value well in excess of $1200.
I have a 1917 DWM luger with the serial number 1100 n. It is not often you see a luger with the serial number ending in two 00's and less often you find one ending in three 000's such as yours.
Welcome to the lugerforum. I've been collecting luger pistols since the early 1960's and I've found this forum a treasure trove of LUGER KNOWLEDGE. Even with my nearly 60 years of luger work I've learned much I never knew before about them. You'll never be content with only one luger. .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mag ----- You have a very interesting early (pre WWI) DWM luger there. I say early since it appears to not have a stock lug on its lower grip and its 1911 chamber date. Too bad it has been buffed fairly extensive and reblued.. If it weren't for that your luger would have a current value well in excess of $1200.
I have a 1917 DWM luger with the serial number 1100 n. It is not often you see a luger with the serial number ending in two 00's and less often you find one ending in three 000's such as yours.
Welcome to the lugerforum. I've been collecting luger pistols since the early 1960's and I've found this forum a treasure trove of LUGER KNOWLEDGE. Even with my nearly 60 years of luger work I've learned much I never knew before about them. You'll never be content with only one luger. .
Thank you very much, I’m planning to keep it, looks great and is a piece of history, thanks again for the information !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts