Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Today I found a Luger in between a wooden floor. Can anybody tell me more about this gun and I.D where this gun came from.
(Don’t mind my dirty hands, it’s from all the dust where I found it)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Nice find. I believe your 1921 DWM is a direct military issue to the 18th Infantry Regiment of the German Reichswehr. It was weapon number 41 to maybe the first battalion because the number before the slash is a roman numeral I. Normally the number before the slash is the company number.

According to German military wiki reference:

"The 18th IR regiment was formed on January 1, 1921 from the Reichswehr Infantry Regiments 13 and 14 and the Reichswehr Jäger Regiments 31 and 32 of the transitional army . Since it was a mixed country team, only the respective battalions were given the country team designation "Prussian" or "Lippisches" in addition to their names on May 29, 1922. In the course of the expansion of the Reichswehr, the regiment was divided into the first wave in 1934 and the Paderborn Infantry Regiment (IR 18) and the Münster Infantry Regiment (IR 39) were formed."

Garrisons - Paderborn : "Regimental staff, 1st (Prussian) battalion with staff and 13th ( MW ) company"

Any stamps, dates, or mark's on the holster?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Oh, what a coincidence..
Please have a look on this discussion some days ago where we talked about a Luger from the same Regiment...
Within this discussion I gave a short regimental/military assignment...
Cool

Best regards from Germany
Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice find. I believe your 1921 DWM is a direct military issue to the 18th Infantry Regiment of the German Reichswehr. It was weapon number 41 to maybe the first battalion because the number before the slash is a roman numeral I. Normally the number before the slash is the company number.

"The 18th IR regiment was formed on January 1, 1921 from the Reichswehr Infantry Regiments 13 and 14 and the Reichswehr Jäger Regiments 31 and 32 of the transitional army . Since it was a mixed country team, only the respective battalions were given the country team designation "Prussian" or "Lippisches" in addition to their names on May 29, 1922. In the course of the expansion of the Reichswehr, the regiment was divided into the first wave in 1934 and the Paderborn Infantry Regiment (IR 18) and the Münster Infantry Regiment (IR 39) were formed."

Garrisons - Paderborn : "Regimental staff, 1st (Prussian) battalion with staff and 13th ( MW ) company"

Thank you for your answer and your research! I will take a look tomorrow when I’m back in the building for the holster.

Oh, what a coincidence..
Please have a look on this discussion some days ago where we talked about a Luger from the same Regiment...
Within this discussion I gave a short regimental/military assignment...
Cool

Best regards from Germany
Tom

Wow what a coincidence!! That’s very cool.

The stamp date on the holster says: C. HEINICHEN, DRESDEN 1935

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some pictures of the holster, it’s not in the best condition anymore.
the building is from 1883 and we’ve found different kinds of documents, newspapers, checks etc from the years1889,1908,1917,1921 so far. I will show you also a picture of the building.

The building is called Momus, in Maastricht NL. On Wikipedia you can find its history.
We know story’s of a previous German guy who owned this place, the story’s also said he had a large picture of Hitler at his office. We believe this gun is his and he hid it at the attic.

·
Administrator
16,707 Posts
I have been and drove by Maastricht numerous times. I would be curious if this is the 'yellow' 'mansion' as seen off of the highway from Schinnen / Nuth to Maastricht?

how will this be handled by the authorities? We have other dutch collectors, but a found firearm in the USA might or might not be reported, if it was, after a period of time, you'd probably get it back.

Ed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been and drove by Maastricht numerous times. I would be curious if this is the 'yellow' 'mansion' as seen off of the highway from Schinnen / Nuth to Maastricht?

how will this be handled by the authorities? We have other dutch collectors, but a found firearm in the USA might or might not be reported, if it was, after a period of time, you'd probably get it back.

Ed
It’s illegal to have an active gun without a license. So we reported it and it will get deactivated. After that we will get it back.
The building is in the center of Maastricht.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Here are some pictures of the holster, it’s not in the best condition anymore.
the building is from 1883 and we’ve found different kinds of documents, newspapers, checks etc from the years1889,1908,1917,1921 so far. I will show you also a picture of the building.

The building is called Momus, in Maastricht NL. On Wikipedia you can find its history.
We know story’s of a previous German guy who owned this place, the story’s also said he had a large picture of Hitler at his office. We believe this gun is his and he hid it at the attic.
View attachment 644133 View attachment 644134 View attachment 644135 View attachment 644136 View attachment 644137 View attachment 644138 View attachment 644139
Interesting ......do you have a photo of the front of the luger tool?

·
Administrator
16,707 Posts
I have been by this building - although not a beer drinker, that sign looks familiar :D

Great story - 1935 holsters are fairly rare, as not as many of them were made. I think it would clean up well, although if it was in the actic, it might be stiff and dry?

Ed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.