Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

another odd find:

German patent # 437724 of the company Polte, Magdeburg, applied on April 29, 1925. The patent is about a blank firing adaptor/recoil amplifier:

a false bullet (not mentioned, but probably made of wood or pressed paper) of a blank catridge is destroyed by the arbor *1* which results in increment of the internal pressure. Consequently, the blow back impulse is sufficient for normal operation – like with normal ammunition.

Download Attachment: de437724.jpg
195.87KB

Has anybody seen such an odd devise?

Regards

Martin

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
This is interesting as the only Polte patent in the Norsk Vapenhistorisk Selskap 1953 list of Luger related patents is the 14th Oct. 1927 patent for a .22 cal. barrel insert. No blank firing adaptor is included in the list.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Patrick,

the patent you are refering to is German patent # 450713, which was applied on Feb. 08, 1923, granted on September 22, 1927 and which was issued on October 14, 1927.

I don't know the "Norsk Vapenhistorisk Selskap 1953 list of Luger related patent" (sounds interesting!), but most often, the date of issue is mentioned in some sources. I do prefer the date of application, as it gives a better information re. When the invention was ready.

Anyway: shown hereinunder is the cover of the patent you mentioned.

Download Attachment: Polte.jpg
89.52KB

The drawing of it showing the barrel insert is shown here:

http://www.gunboards.com/luger/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4670

Regards

Martin

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Thanx Martin, I´ve copied your attachments and filed them in the collection. The Norwegians collected all the Luger patents they could find some time ago. Some of them are included in Goertz (Die Pistole 08).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.