Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

recently, villiers made a statement in an other post:

quote:Mainly used by the police (who did a lot more cleaning than anyone else)
This reminds me of an old advertising post card I had some years ago. It shows and promotes a Luger cleaning station of the inventor Peter Rau-Arweiler from Saarlouis. The post card had a stamp of 1920 or 1921. The purpose of the station is to avoid any damage of the receiver and of the muzzle. With the special design of the station a straight pull of the cleaning rod without any twist shall be ensured. When the barrel/receiver unit is placed on the station, an oil can located below it will open and waste oil dripping out of the barrel is flowing through channels in the can.

Download Attachment: Ari01.JPG
198.51KB

Download Attachment: Ari03.JPG
59.77KB

Download Attachment: ari04.jpg
94.42KB

Download Attachment: ari06.jpg
88KB

Rau had two patents : German patent # 279239 applied June 09, 1913 (applicant is a Dr. Rudolf Dorn, Saarlouis) and an additional patent # 339603 applied April 14, 1919. The later is describing an improvement of the station: it now has a telecopic part (support for the barrel muzzle) to adjust it for different barrel lengths.

Drawings from the patents are shown below.

Download Attachment: Putzstation1.jpg
147.17KB

Download Attachment: Putzstation2.jpg
124KB

Regards

Martin

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave,

yes, this is a nice elaborate gadget. I don't know, how many were built ans used – but some will have been made, as one is shown in the photos of the post cards. If one of 'em survived? Who knows....

An other interesting device for cleaning is described and shown in German patent # 448933 applied Aug. 11, 1924, published Sep. 02, 1927 of Gotthold Arthur Schulze. Title of said patent:

"Wischstockzentralführer mit Mündungsdeckel und Kornschutz"

It's something like "Centrical guidance device for cleaning rods with muzzle cap and front sight protector". Well, the drawings are self-explanatory, I guess.

Download Attachment: Muendungsdeckel1.jpg
114.06KB

Regards

Martin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.