Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my hand on a Luger in pretty good shape. The top of barrel is stamp with 1940 and the arm 42. Serial is 8321, all part marked 21. Barrel has also eagle with svastika and reciver have two times eagle with 655 and one without. Front of reciver has also and A. Two mag, one black with 8304 and a A, and one in stianless steel? Marked 7758 and my be a B and a pluss sign. Grip of wood, no dammage at all. I think the holster is original, marked with eagle with swastika and WaA182 and some text written I can not read. Black holster. It shoot perfect. This Luger may come to Norway in 1940.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
3,186 Posts
Hello Olav, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for posting pictures of your Mauser luger. Very nice, and in great condition. The finish appears original.

I think that the rivets in your holster may be local modifications, perhaps done to help repair the belt loops.

The suffix letter on front of the frame is part of the serial number.

The number "84" should be found inside the trigger plate.

Be sure not to store your Luger in it's holster. It can damage the finish.

Marc

· Registered
3,189 Posts
The Norwegian army modified all the luger holsters after the war so that the "hooks" on the new attachment would properly fit the U.S. style pistol belts. When these holsters were imported into the U.S. the attachment was often removed and the rivet holes plugged.
Tim H.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.