Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a luger that had been sitting in a drawer at my grandparents place for years. Here are some pictures....any info on it (value and otherwise) would be appreciated, I know nothing about it or guns at all.

Also, how would someone go about selling this? I have no use for it and am one of those wussie california hippys who isn't really into having a gun around the house.

The markings on the gun are-
going down the top of the gun in order:
small 42
DWM
bigger 42

on the side:
h with a crown over it
2 'S' with crown over
eagle with arms out

bottom:
N

front of 'body':
M

The hand grips look like they are completly mismatched and not original because they don't fit right at all.
Thanks in advance for any info you folx may have

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,331 Posts
Tom, Your gun is a parts piece and holds little collector value,as the serial #'s do not match. It would be classified in the shooter catagory. With the grips the way they are and whatever other problems associated with a mismatched Luger it has a value of $300.00 to $400 possibly.
It is easy enough to sell it. Simply receive a liscence from the buyer and send it to him by a legal carrier which I believe is Fed Ex.California may have some other restrictions I don't know about. Where are you in Calif? I am in Yuma AZ. Jerry Burney

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Hi Tom, What you have is a standard Imperial 1916 DWM. The downside is that it has been nickleplated which has blown any collector interest. The value is probably in the $300-$400 range. The grips are "Frazite". An early 1950s plastic that is very prone to warping, as you can see. If you took it to a gunshop they would probably offer $200-$250 for it. Do you have the magazine for it?

Ron

Is there an echo in here?

·
Administrator
15,547 Posts
Tom, what appears to have happened many times is that guys in the war, cleaning their weapons would accidently swap tops and bottoms, or when guns came into the country they were cleaned up and same thing happened.

Ed

·
Registered
594 Posts
Tom -

If your grandfather brought the Luger back from the war, you might consider keeping it, not as a gun, but as a memento of his service to our country. It does not have much monetary value anyway. Just my two cents.

Luke

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is like the watch and old war trophy from Grandads drawer. If the present generation doesn't understand. The next might. My Niece doesn't understand loading the glue gun. She says, slide those things in and squeeze the trigger. I tell her you have to wait. You have to know when and how to despense at the right time. After a couple pieces of paper she got it right.
Please let your Grandkids learn how. You can learn yourself. Just ask a responsable neighbor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.