Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a German holster that is stamped on the back K.W.K. WaA107 1939 came with a 1940 dated chamber luger with a 42 code toggle all matching numbers to include magazines. has bring back paperwork says 1 German pistol 9mm luger w/Holster to PFC Omer L. Stanford 82nd Airborne Division Paratrooper SFO, I have no ideal what SFO means but he wrote his name under the luger flap holster and his service number. Nice luger looks like it has only seen very little use the holster is dark brown in color (Not Black) Anyway I can't any information on who made the Holster and why the luger is in a 1939 holster instead of a 1940 holster. Unless the soldier picked this out of a pile after the war to take something back home? Thanks for your help

· Gold Bullet Member
1,677 Posts
I do not know the manufacturer of the holster. The date is fine since Germany did not worry about holsters matching the gun date. Us collectors like the same date or one year earlier or one year later.. So your holster date is fine with your luger. Bill

· Registered
WWII firearms, holsters, insignia, badges, Japanese swords, and other militaria
638 Posts
Without even looking at your holster, I can tell you that you have a Luger holster made by Schnellpressenfabrik, located in Heidelberg. The initials "K.W.K" has not been fully discovered as of this day though. I have only seen these holsters dated 1939, so I believe this maker only made them for 1 year, so it's not a common maker to find. Could you post photos of the entire holster so we can see what condition it is in?

As for your questions about why a 1940 dated pistol would end up in a 1939 dated holster, the fact is holsters were issued separately to the pistol. So, depending on the date the pistol was issued it could have any date prior to it! So, a 1940 pistol that was issued in 1940, it could have any holster dated 1940 or earlier. Keep in mind pistols were turned in and reissued as needed throughout the war though as well.

Matt:cool:

· Registered
350 Posts
RWK/KWK - an interesting (to me at least) quirk is the single line of stitching behind the magazine pouch and only observed on this manufacturer for this time. I've spent way too long looking at Luger holsters...
Similar to Imperial holsters but not quite. Anyone seen this omission on any other luger holsters of the period - perhaps the second line wasn't needed after all?
Brendan

· Registered
359 Posts
I can tell you that you have a Luger holster made by Schnellpressenfabrik, located in Heidelberg. The initials "K.W.K" has not been fully discovered as of this day though.
K.W.K is almost certainly the maker and I doubt very seriously that Schnellpressenfabrik (which manufactured printing presses) was making leathergoods.

The code kwk was assigned to Schnellpressenfabrik, but the holster marking isn't a code.

· Registered
WWII firearms, holsters, insignia, badges, Japanese swords, and other militaria
638 Posts
K.W.K is almost certainly the maker and I doubt very seriously that Schnellpressenfabrik (which manufactured printing presses) was making leathergoods.

The code kwk was assigned to Schnellpressenfabrik, but the holster marking isn't a code.
Ryan,

I already thought of that as well. But if it's initials, there are no holster makers that initials match up with KWK. Kind of like the maker S.A.W. It would be an unknown maker then.

Matt:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts