Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, Picked up a Luger Holster recently that is the first of its kind that I have seen. I am not normally a collector of WWI-era Luger accessories. There is a picture of a commercial Luger holster on page 193 of Bender’s book that looks just like the back of the holster that I have (without the trademarks). I ran across an article on the Luger Forum that said L.Z.St. (stamped in the leather on the front and back) stood for Lederzuschneidestelle, the Imperial Leather Cutting Center formed in 1917 for the economical utilization of the leather cutting; H.Dr. stood for Headquarters Dresden. I have been unable to find any reference to Alwin Heinrich as a holster manufacturer. The town in the manufacturer's stamp is SEIFHENNERSDORF, which it about 50 km east of Dresden. On the internet found an invoice for a company named “Heinrich & Ohmann” that was a Clothing Fabric Merchandiser located in Seifhennersdorf in 1929. My premise is that the holster was made in 1917 thru 1919 for use during WWI. Any thoughts on the history or value appreciated! Mike
IMG_5811.JPG
IMG_5834.JPG
IMG_5837.JPG
IMG_5817.JPG
IMG_5820.JPG
IMG_5821.JPG
is

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think your holster is a good military one ,most likely made in 1918. All holsters with leather control office (L.Z.) stamped mark are 1918 dated. Like you, I don't find any "Alwin Heinrich " manufacturer on the list from this forum. Anyway it's a nice holster.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think your holster is a good military one ,most likely made in 1918. All holsters with leather control office (L.Z.) stamped mark are 1918 dated. Like you, I don't find any "Alwin Heinrich " manufacturer on the list from this forum. Anyway it's a nice holster.
Thanks very much for the feedback!

·
Administrator
13,370 Posts
The holster maker listing was one that a member put together years ago and was added to by another user.
It would not be all inclusive, but a great start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts