Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not familiar with these early Lugers or their holsters so I thought I would turn to the forum for help.
Two holsters came into a local gunshop. They are for a Luger pistol. I think they are from Portugal. I have a photo of one and the other is the same but with the standard belt loop. Any info on these would help as well as a ball park price.
Thanks, Dean

Download Attachment: plh.jpg
73.83KB

Download Attachment: plh1.jpg
81.41KB

Download Attachment: plh2.jpg
125.5KB

·
Registered
14,177 Posts
Hi Dean,

If you look closely on the back of the holster just to the right of the belt loops...it looks like "AE" can still be seen.

It looks like a AE Portuguese holster for the 4-3/4" M2 luger that had its belt loop modified to the GNR-style...but the holster is not GNR stamped...so I do not think it can be called a GNR holster.

My guess on value ? $ 225-250...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Originally posted by Pete Ebbink

Hi Dean,

If you look closely on the back of the holster just to the right of the belt loops...it looks like "AE" can still be seen.

It looks like a AE Portuguese holster for the 4-3/4" M2 luger that had its belt loop modified to the GNR-style...but the holster is not GNR stamped...so I do not think it can be called a GNR holster.

My guess on value ? $ 225-250...
[/quote
Hi Pete
Below is pictured another Portuguese M2 holster that was modified to the GNR style. My question is why, when, and by whom?
Thanks again

Download Attachment: 2.jpg
275.21KB

Download Attachment: 3.jpg
248.04KB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.