Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Luger I found 15 years ago .

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  KDF1938! 
#1 · (Edited)
In A basement rafter, all matching numbers . Before and after photos. Year 1911 DSM.
Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Musical instrument accessory
Automotive tire Wood Artifact Sculpture Font
Tire Automotive tire Wood Tread Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Musical instrument accessory
Automotive tire Wood Artifact Sculpture Font
Tire Automotive tire Wood Tread Motor vehicle
Photograph Green Wood Textile Yellow
Automotive tire Electrical wiring Bumper Household hardware Machine
Wood Tool Household hardware Artifact Nickel

See less See more
#7 ·
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your 1911 DWM Luger.

The Luger was marked as issued by a reserve medical unit. Probably captured and returned to the USA by an American soldier. You could research the property owners and see if names tracked to any US military records.

If you are still in New York state be sure to add this to your permit - New York state requires registration of handguns.

The city of New York is something entirely different, and it would be wise to consult legal advice.

We publish a FAQ PDF document that has useful reference information. Just search "FAQ PDF UPDATE".

#8 ·
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your 1911 DWM Luger.

The Luger was marked as issued by a reserve medical unit. Probably captured and returned to the USA by an American soldier. You could research the property owners and see if names tracked to any US military records.

If you are still in New York state be sure to add this to your permit - New York state requires registration of handguns.

The city of New York is something entirely different, and it would be wise to consult legal advice.

We publish a FAQ PDF document that has useful reference information. Just search "FAQ PDF UPDATE".
Thank you I am now living in Florida.

#10 ·
Must have been damp in the basement. I saw a fairly nice T14 Nambu and it had a canvas holster, was up in the rafters of a attic, it had that slightly rusty color to the metal that never comes out from the hot temps.
Another story was a collector of rare pistols, he died and the collection sat in the damp basement for many years, when sold, many had extensive damage to them, and the holsters had mold, and they threw out all the holsters, some VERY rare and expensive holsters that likely could have been cleaned up :)

Cool find

Ed

#11 ·
Must have been damp in the basement. I saw a fairly nice T14 Nambu and it had a canvas holster, was up in the rafters of a attic, it had that slightly rusty color to the metal that never comes out from the hot temps.
Another story was a collector of rare pistols, he died and the collection sat in the damp basement for many years, when sold, many had extensive damage to them, and the holsters had mold, and they threw out all the holsters, some VERY rare and expensive holsters that likely could have been cleaned up :)

Cool find

Ed

Cool find

Ed
I have another issue maybe someone can help? plunger on seer seems to either be stuck in the chamber or something as it will not come out, pin has already been removed see photos. Thanks in advance.
Wood Table Beige Wood stain Hardwood
Wood Tire Tool Wood stain Earrings

#14 ·
I've never taken a sear apart :D I understand why you would want to.
As an FYI and a CLP user huarahh - usually folks suggest something like kerosene or kroil or some other gosh awful smelly **** to soak it in.

#16 ·
Plungers in a sear bar usually stick because of old, dried grease. The simple remedy is to throw the sear bar in a pan of boiling water and within seconds the spring pressure will push it out. If rust is causing the plunger to stick, then penetrating oil and continuous tapping are required.
Tim H.

Reactions: Edward Tinker
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.