Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Luger identification, with pics

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Pommern 
#1 ·
Hi!
I've obtained a restricted (plumbed, not functioning) Luger. I'm not really sure how to identify it, so it would be great to get some help :) I think it is put together from two different lugers, since the numbers aren't matching. its 6639, and 09. It says byf on the top, and 1920 (which is weird, because i have come to the understanding that byf means it is produced during ww2, 41 or 42?). it has three stamps on the right side, looks like birds or something:). on the lowerside of the barrel, it says 8,82

See less See more
#3 ·
Tnx!
Yes, i've notised that the safety is cut- though, this seems to be quite common for some reason on the ones i've seen(the restricted, plumbed- what ever it is called in english). It is hard to obtain functional pistols in Norway- though, when I get i a permission, the local prizes for the plumbed ones are the same as a functional.

#4 ·
In Germany Deko is bad, but at least you can take it apart and see the small parts. In Norway they do a very thorough job. To me it would be uncollectible. Most Americans want a gun that is shootable. Even if the gun is so valuable you would never think of shooting it, you want it to function. That's probably why we're so bore condition conscious. Apparently a number of Police lugers wound up in Norway, I own several and have seen more Police holster with the added piece on the rear to use the Norwegen web belt. Good luck with getting a luger to shoot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.