Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three mags came with the Luger I got this week. One has a silver finish (I assume it is nickel-plated), the other two are blued. The first has a wooden bottom that is damaged on one side and bears the number 3447. The other two have pristine wooden bottoms without any markings.The silver-colored mag will take eight rounds. The other two appear to be designed to accept only seven rounds but they are extremely difficult to load. I assume that the blued mags are probably of recent production, while the nickel one is original German. Any comments on seven versus eight round mags and related issues?

Thanks,

Drakejake

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,233 Posts
Drakejake, your assumptions are correct; you have an original 1920's or earlier military magazine and two recently made mags.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,331 Posts
Drakejake, The two that are hard to load have strong springs so they will function reliably. Maybe Mecgars. You need a magazine loading tool to help you load them easily. Jerry Burney

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.