Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you everybody for all info on my Luger keys yesterday!
I collected mags for Lugers etc many years ago,wonder if some of these are special ?
Bottom from left to right from the picture with six.More to come.

Attachments

· Platinum Bullet member
6,537 Posts
You have three winners. First shown is a North Sea Navy mag. Second is a rare 1934 K-date mag. Last one is a spare mag for a 1917 or 1918 DWM Artillery Luger.

· Registered
5,805 Posts
Your "taste" in magazines is a good as in keys!
The N1170x as noted above is for a Navy luger, the x denotes the spare magazine.
I have 4" navy # N 1159, which is a 6" navy luger shortened to 4" configuration in the Weimar/early 3rd Reich time.

Your magazine probably came from a luger that looked similar to this one, with "N 1170" on the back strap, instead of N 1159.

· Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,171 Posts
Enclosing some pictures of my "G" date Navy that is pretty close to the serial number and Navy property marking found on your Navy mag. That stamping is found on the front grip strap. I will be sending you a private message.

Attachments

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Four more magazines, something interesting or ordinary? The last one fxo with plastic without nr, original?
From left to right from the pic of all four.

Attachments

· Administrator
17,001 Posts
Is the B.S. on the 4239 police magazine? that is what i would expect.

I have started picking up unit marked magazines and have a B.S. mag myself
http://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?91841-Unit-Magazine-marked-B-S-148

The 42 marked is a unit replacement with an eagle 655 acceptance on it, unusual but not rare.

the blank bottom aluminum magazines came with commercial guns that at some point usually acquired a serial number

· Platinum Bullet member
6,537 Posts
Your blank bottom fxo E/37 is either a 1941 or 1942 Mauser military. Same with the black bottom magazine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.