Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former (as in at least 10+ years ago) member here...couldn't remember my username nor login password.

In digging through my "leftovers" locker I found a box containing several Luger, P-38 and PP/PPk magazines from WW2. I know the values fairly closely on all but a matched pair of P08 magazines. These magazines have been in my possession for over 35+ years back when I still collected Lugers and the like. I'm a bit rusty on valuing these days.

They are marked with pistol serial number 1997....a lower case script "w" and numbered 1 & 2 respectively and #2 has a + denoting the second magazine. Bothe magazines are in excellent condition and I'm trying to ascertain a reasonable market value. I know that the owner of Luger #1997 would be my best customer but that chance is probably slim.

Thank ya'll in advance for any help. And I will attempt to post pictures of the magazines this evening after I get home. Just didn't think of taking any until now.

Leatherneck2131 aka Jim

·
Administrator
13,138 Posts
sounds like originally army ( the + ) and hen police numbering of 1 and 2

people seem to get excited (mostly sellers) when they have two matching mags - its like gambling, ONE day, one day I may come across that luger...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like originally army ( the + ) and hen police numbering of 1 and 2

people seem to get excited (mostly sellers) when they have two matching mags - its like gambling, ONE day, one day I may come across that luger...

Yes, I actually bought them from an estate. The pistols were long gone and I ended up buying a a couple M-1 carbines, ammo and these 2 magazines. And yes, I was hoping to find a Luger to match them some day. Then promptly forgot that I had them in the cabinet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts