Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
61 - 80 of 115 Posts
Hi Fellows
I have a question to this thread about acceptance stamps.
The gothic alphabet on the top, is that a DWM alphabet?
I think that Erfurt letters is a little bit different. When I look at
taudelts, Erfurt 1914 (photo)
If I am correct in my opinion, is there somebody who have a
example of the Erfurt acceptance stamps letters?
I will be happy if anyone can help, clear up this question for me.
(Maybe it already is explained in this thread, but I can have missed it?)
Reg.
Sej-gun.

Download Attachment: taudeltErfurt1914.jpg
67.11 KB

Hello all of you,
I am just discovering this forum. So I registered myself in order to give my contribution.
I am the owner of a DWM 1918 numer 8591 f and the proof marks are T (underlined) S S
Does someone know the meaning of the underline below the T ?

Attachments

The underline of the T on the receiver (not the magazine, huggie ;) ) is the result of a somewhat overactive use of the hammer. It is the edge of the stamp itself.

Vlim,
until you wrote it I never thought about it could be an edge of the stamp.

We find the underlined acceptance marks only from 1917 (!) on- mostly on the Erfurt P08 with exception of DWM 1917 and 18 T underlined S, S.
In most (all !? I observed) cases is the RC stamp also on the receiver.
There are not only underlined stamps- often we find the line on the left of the letter.
That can´t be Zufall (chance was the only English word for Zufall- I don´t know if it is the correct word).

Klaus,

It doesn't surprise me. One of the reasons why the stamp could go in this deep, creating the 'underline' or 'edge' is a receiver that has not been hardened correctly. The steel is too soft and the stamp, as a result, can go in too deep.

And that in turn could be a reason for a trip to the 'revisionsabteilung' for correction of the problem.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.