Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I discovered in my local gun shop a nazi Luger. Condition is 95% or better. All matching numbers exept the clip. The year of production is 1937. The serial number is 3587 (3 times: frame, barrel, slide). Small parts have numbers 87 (5 or 6 times). The clip has #2651. The finish looks like an original. Bore is shiny with strong rifling. A lot of small stamps all over the gun. What is the right price for this beauty? Need yor help!!! Never had Luger before, but love this gun.

·
Administrator
15,547 Posts
If all orignal, then a lot more than $400...

On Simpson, LTD the prices range from $1495 to $1795 for a 1937, S/42, this is retail, and all depends on condition and if orginal. Each year, and within years, prices may be dramatically different. Lots of people want a "nazi" luger, so prices are higher.

Remember, condition is everything, a wrong part, a reblue, all can drop the value signifcantly and down to a shooter price...

ed

·
Administrator
15,547 Posts
If all orignal, then a lot more than $400...

On Simpson, LTD the prices range from $1495 to $1795 for a 1937, S/42, this is retail, and all depends on condition and if orginal. Each year, and within years, prices may be dramatically different. Lots of people want a "nazi" luger, so prices are higher.

Remember, condition is everything, a wrong part, a reblue, all can drop the value signifcantly and down to a shooter price...

ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You for help. Condition of this gun is very very good. I rate it 95% or better. No pitting at all. Bore is near perfect. I think that finish is original. All stamps and numbers sharp. Seller wants $1200. I offered $900, but my offer was rejected.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank You for help. Condition of this gun is very very good. I rate it 95% or better. No pitting at all. Bore is near perfect. I think that finish is original. All stamps and numbers sharp. Seller wants $1200. I offered $900, but my offer was rejected.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is the letter suffix following the serial number on the frame? Does the pistol have some small straw colored parts and does it have the "Mauser hump"? The answer to these questions just might get you some additional information on the pistol. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is the letter suffix following the serial number on the frame? Does the pistol have some small straw colored parts and does it have the "Mauser hump"? The answer to these questions just might get you some additional information on the pistol. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No straw colored parts on this gun. The letter is so small... What is the chippest price possible for 1937 Luger in original 95% condition?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No straw colored parts on this gun. The letter is so small... What is the chippest price possible for 1937 Luger in original 95% condition?

·
Copper Bullet Member
977 Posts
Pavel, if the pistol is all matching, internally as well as externally, (except the magazine), in 95% condition, I would say that $1000 would be about as low as the price would go.

The internal parts that should be marked are the trigger, the grips, the main toggle link pin, the breech block, the hold open lever and the firing pin.

Good Luck!!!

·
Copper Bullet Member
977 Posts
Pavel, if the pistol is all matching, internally as well as externally, (except the magazine), in 95% condition, I would say that $1000 would be about as low as the price would go.

The internal parts that should be marked are the trigger, the grips, the main toggle link pin, the breech block, the hold open lever and the firing pin.

Good Luck!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank You, Frank. I do not have a chance to check an internal parts. This is a consigment gun in retail store. I have a feeling, that everything is match. OK, will try to get it for $1000.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank You, Frank. I do not have a chance to check an internal parts. This is a consigment gun in retail store. I have a feeling, that everything is match. OK, will try to get it for $1000.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.