Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Silver Bullet Member
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me identify these tools that I have owned for a long time. The one on the left is marked /41, the middle one is Finnish marked SkY, the one on the right may be East German and is unmarked, however, it has striations on the thumb area. Comments?

Download Attachment: lugar tools 001.jpg
196.82 KB

Download Attachment: lugar tools 002.jpg
219.36 KB

Download Attachment: lugar tools 003.jpg
138.32 KB

· Silver Bullet Member
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ron,
Thanks for the info. The one with serrations came back from Germany with a friend of mine last year. He brought back about 25 tools with the proper marks on them. He gave me the unmarked one, so Since it is sort of beat up I didn't think it was a repro. The /41 I have owned for 42 years!! and no one has been able to identify it!!
Thanks again,

Dave

· Super Moderator
5,617 Posts
Hi,

The one on the right is most probably an Eastern-German VoPo one.
The /41 is a bit of a mystery. Nico van Gijn wrote an essay on loading tools a number of years ago. He identifies the ones with a 39, 40, 41 or 42 on it as Mauser-made replacement tools (where the 2 digits represent the production year).

· Silver Bullet Member
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ron and Gerben,
Thank you very much for your replies.... The /41 was the one I was extremely concerned with since I've had it for over 42 years...before they started getting into repros in earnest!!!

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.