Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jerry,
I have a pouch for two Luger magazines which I think is a reproduction.
I have to struggle to get the strap over the stud with cartridges in the magazines. I would like to have another strap put on to ease this situation and also shaped to conform more to the original (pear shape or tear drop). The pouch is black in color.
Can this be done using or covering the originsl holes in the pouch?
Are you interested in doing this for me?
I have attached a photo of the pouch.
Bill

Download Attachment: DSC00395.jpg
111.75 KB

·
Administrator
15,522 Posts
Bill, Jerry is out of the picture for the next 10 days, he is helping a widow with her late husbands collection, he just left yesterday I beleive.

Ed

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,325 Posts
Bill, Yes I could do this...It necessitates taking the whole thing apart. To get at the underside to stitch on a new strap the sides have to come apart. The first question I have, would it be economical? Jerry Burney, Having the time of my life looking at a 50 year gun and militaria collection...Jerry

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
quote:Originally posted by lugerholsterrepair

Bill, Yes I could do this...It necessitates taking the whole thing apart. To get at the underside to stitch on a new strap the sides have to come apart. The first question I have, would it be economical? Jerry Burney, Having the time of my life looking at a 50 year gun and militaria collection...Jerry

Post pictures -- please.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jerry,
This pouch has another problem - tightness (magazines are difficult to pull out of pouch). Could this also be corrected when you take it apart? Which would be more practical/economical, correcting this pouch or making a new one? The reason for this request to you is I have a 1920 DWM Luger Police, holster, belt & buckle with the correct Police magazines but nowhere to put them. Please recommend what you would like to do for me and the approximate cost. Send me an e-mail if you wish to do so. Awaiting your reply.
Bill

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jerry,
I'm tired of messing with this pouch, I'm afraid I might break the wood bottom trying to get it out of the pouch (did break one a while ago). Could you make me a new double magazine pouch for the Luger magazines similar to the original pouches or one that resembles this one. If you can please send me the cost of it and I will send you a check. Reply by e-mail if you wish.
Bill

·
11,325 Posts
Bill, OH! I remember now...Sorry I must have dozed off. I make a nice double mag pouch, mags slide in beautifully, black, for the shoulder strap on an Artillery or Navy.
Brass closure stud hand made and hand hammered on.Just like originals. $100.00 plus shipping. Hope this helps. Jerry

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jerry,
Can you make one with the belt loop as pictured in Weimar Lugers pg.178. If so please let me what the total cost is plus shipping and I will send you a check for the total amount.
Bill

·
11,325 Posts
Bill, I am sorry to disappoint you here but I am swamped with previous commitments. I usually make these in small batches.I have several of the strap kind already made up but none with the belt loop. I know I will be tied up for the next month or so at the very least. The best I can do is keep at it and perhaps get you one made in the near future. SORRY! Jerry Burney

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jerry,
I'll take the double magazine pouch with the strap as I can use it on my 1916 Artillery Luger.
What payment is acceptable to you, check, Discover Card or Visa?
If it is a check let me know the total cost and I'll send it to you.
If it is a credit card I'll email you the information and my address.
Also, I would like to order one with the belt loop so you can put it on your future list.
Bill

·
11,325 Posts
Bill, OK, Any payment method you prefer is alright with me. Just add $4.30 for priority mail shipping. Let me have your address and I will ship it right out. Sorry about the delay on the belt type. When things slow down a little here I will make a couple of them. Thanks Bill, Jerry Burney

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jerry,
I'll send you a check in the amount of $104.30 tomorrow Thursday June 16, 2005. Thanks for you interest in my problem. Let me know when the belt loop pouch is available and I'll send you a check for it.
My address is:
Bill Foehl
321 Neshaminy Rd.
Croydon, PA 19021-5429

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.