Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on this forum actually bought or have any first hand knowledge on the lugerman Lugers. I have thought about picking one up long term in the future but don’t see any actual real reviews. Just forgotten weapons and the military arms channel. Though, they both gave it glowing reviews. But I’ve heard when it comes to Lugerman getting services done, he has been less spectacular and wondered if this also applies to his reproduction Lugers. They look beautiful and the historical aspect is awesome, but they are obscenely expensive for something that is more of a novelty. Appreciate any information on them and lugerman himself.

· Registered
210 Posts
Hello Cad Bane - Here is a link to the discussion of mine. I bought an early one, it took a bit longer than promised, I had decent communications with Eugene. I had a good experience and my gun is great. I have heard the complaints but I think the most of them center around how long it takes to get one of his pistols and communication. The quality is great and what he has accomplished is pretty incredible. (Great name by the way, we are huge Star Wars fans.)

· Administrator
17,036 Posts
Here is my take and my info - I have been to Eugenes, and saw all his work, it is impressive. He made me a Luger Carbine, took about 2 yrs (or more).
Eugene is not good about keeping in touch, he does excellent work.
He takes a long time to make anything and/or fix, but he will get done with it. BUT, it can be very frustrating for a customer.
I have held 3 of the 45 lugers and shot one - it would shoot 4 rounds all together, 5 or more and they stove piped. Eugene says you should use a certain ammo, I can't remember what it is right now.

· Registered
3,609 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Has anyone on this forum actually bought or have any first hand knowledge on the lugerman Lugers. I have thought about picking one up long term in the future but don’t see any actual real reviews. Just forgotten weapons and the military arms channel. Though, they both gave it glowing reviews. But I’ve heard when it comes to Lugerman getting services done, he has been less spectacular and wondered if this also applies to his reproduction Lugers. They look beautiful and the historical aspect is awesome, but they are obscenely expensive for something that is more of a novelty. Appreciate any information on them and lugerman himself.
TIME - That is the commmon denominator. He did a C96 for me, from garbage can to factory fresh. He does FANTASTIC work! He also has(had?) some trouble adhering to agreements. He got mine done only after getting firm with him. It took me 2.5 years to get him to START working on it. Once begun, the work proceeded swiftlly. I am totally satisfied with his quality. By the way - he isn't cheap!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.