Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a LW Drilling about 20 years ago, s/n 336174, dated June 1941. It came with the metal case, manual, 2 boxes of DWM rifle ammo, 6 brushes, oil bottle, black cardboard box to hold these items and two leather slings. It is missing the test target and the cleaning rod. I have two questions: 1. Which one of the slings is correct? They are unmarked and 2. Does anyone know where can I obtain the cleaning rod? Thanks, Harry

[email protected]

Download Attachment: a.JPG
102.75KB

Download Attachment: b.JPG
118.51KB

Download Attachment: c.JPG
133.79KB

Download Attachment: d.JPG
130.01KB

Download Attachment: e.JPG
125.97KB

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Harry:
The sling in the upper pic appears similar to mine and seems to be corect.
My drilling also has two slings, but the second one is also a solid one and does not have the laced appearance of your other sling.
As to the cleaning rod question - you can probably use any commercial drilling cleaning rod form the same era, or have a copy of the original made - I had never seen an original LW drilling cleaning rod for sale...
Interesting to note that your set came with DWM ammo - I have RWS in mine...
Is your case grey in color or greenish sandy color?
regards.
Val

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The original Rottweil shotgun shells shown in the photo from the manual were made by RWS.

Download Attachment: 1.JPG
165.94 KB

Here is an original ammunition advertisement for RWS (Rheinisch-Westfalische Sprengstoff Actien Gesellshaft or Rhein Westfalen Explosives Stock Company). The company made ammunition for hunting, target shooting and national defense according to the ad copy. The advertisement ran in a 1940 issue of the magazine Der Vierjahresplan.

Download Attachment: 2.JPG
150.44 KB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.