Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

M1912 Swivel holster question

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  m1903a3 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there was any other maker besides Ambercombie & Fitch for these holsters. I’m referencing Eugene Bender’s Military Holsters of WWII on pg. 184. Mine appears to have no makers mark other than what appears (hard to read) “ROCK ISLAND ARSENAL” above a date of 1914 and T.C.C.

See less See more
#6 ·
Hmmm, I wonder if I should wipe off the many years of storage dust on the type 99 arisaka hand guard I also have listed. Maybe wipe it down with some orange glow? Or get some steel wool and take care of some of the surface rust on the antique WW1 artillery sight mechanism I also have listed. Do you think that’d do the new owner a favor?

#9 ·
Perfect! Thank you! Now I know it's a cavalry holster and it's probably quite rare! Getting info here is like pulling teeth but I least I got that little tidbit! Now the next tooth to pull would be how to actually clean the Verdigis without damaging any patina.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.