Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would show off a FN M1935 High Power I acquired last spring at a garage sale!...

It is the fixed sight variation with E/WaA140(lightly stamped) acceptance on the slide and frame. It is serial number 41181b (1944 production?) and came with a E/WaA140(very lightly stamped) magazine, and a unmarked holster.

I recently again got very lucky and found a second magazine(for $22)at a gun show. It also has a very light E/WaA140 with a (c) below it on the spine.

I have been checking my books and the postings and have not yet figured out the holster. I can say it fits the High Power perfectly, and the pistol and holster appear to have been together for a long time. The only markings on it are an ink "98 or "86" on the leather button on the inside flap. There is also a small circle impression with a dash in the middle below the stud on the outside flap (see photo). The last unusual thing is a plastic bumper that helps keep the pistol snug (see photo).

Is the holster correct for a German Hi-Power - or is for another type pistol? Any ideas or comments on the holster or pistol would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Scott

Download Attachment: MVC-001S.JPG
39.8KB

Download Attachment: MVC-004S.JPG
40.6KB

Download Attachment: MVC-017S.JPG
40.38KB

Download Attachment: MVC-009S.JPG
41.14KB

Download Attachment: MVC-007S.JPG
39.89KB

Download Attachment: MVC-011S.JPG
42KB

·
Registered
569 Posts
Your holster appears to be a postwar German holster...these were sold here in the late 60's along with postwar HP's.. I would bet the 5 digit SN inside is the original HP serial number as purchased after WW-2.

I own a complete postwar rig......[new and unissued]two #d mags and the holster is numbered also. It is #56537

Orv

Orvel L. Reichert
P O Box 67
Vader WA 98593
360 245 3492 tel
360 245 3702 fax
360 520 6520 cel
[email protected]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Orv,

I appreciate the feedback on the holster. The handwritten number inside the holster flap is "51473" close to your 56537 postwar rig - it also has a handwritten "Heidelstadt".

The holster being postwar makes sense, I just hadn't seen one quite like it. I will have to start the search for an original holster...

Thanks again, Scott

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
The holster went with the Hi-Powers that were purchased by some of the West German police organizations. They also purchased other semi-autos and the holsters for them will look like the one you have. There are differences such as the size of the magazine pouch.

They came on the surplus market when P-38's becamse available to the police.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.