Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone comment on this M30 that is currently for sale on Guns Inernational Item GI#100359257 ? It appears to be in excellent condition and the carry case has most of it's contents . Is the asking price of $24,500.oo on the high side for this Luftwaffe Survival drilling at this time ?

·
2,360 Posts
The ammo is not correct and the sling may not be either. The slings were 20mm in width and it is impossible to tell if the one shown is correct. The manual appears to be correct. There were at least 2 different types of boxed cleaning rods utilized in the original configuration of supplies / accessories in these aluminum storage boxes. The gun is beautiful! Ten years ago you could have purchased one in its original box for $5K, so I cannot say it the currect price is good or not. Regards, Jim Cate

·
Sponsor of Gunboards
1,522 Posts
In my opinion it is still too high. RIA was getting crazy prices - like 24k- a couple of years ago so I sent them one and think I only got about 15k for it.

·
2,360 Posts
After many, many years I have about 15,000+ Sauer serial numbers in my data bases. That includes long guns made for hunting and sporting purposes...and includes all of the Model 30 Sauer Drillings known that are/were Luftwaffe accepted. The Model 30 Drilling was made from 1930 to the end of the war. Of all the Model 30 serial numbers I have, including the Luftwaffe accepted guns, there are many more of the Luftwaffe Drillings than all the rest combined. How these can be said to be rare is beyond me, and most are certainly in collectible condition. Certainly finding a mint example in its original case with all accessories is much more desirable than just finding the Drilling without anything else. Excellent plus and cased with everything, I would value one at no more than $15k. Jim

·
2,360 Posts
Motohead, is it in its original case with any or all accesories? Very good condition is not excellent condition as you know. Perhaps photos would answer these questions for a possible sale. JIM

·
Administrator
13,138 Posts
motohead posting was moderated, if he wants to sell it, then he can place it in the for sale section with a price

·
2,360 Posts
There are several on different websites that are in excellent + condition with case and accessories for less than $20K......jim

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Thats a good point Tom. Why is it only other people get high prices at RIA...but when we try ...we bomb out...I got four top conditioned RIA type lugers and Walthers on GB right now...and its rough going...people are holding on to their money like its painted on to them:)
yet RIA gets double the prices....cant explain that? Must be so me that are not real sales etc.??

·
2,360 Posts
Got word of one (complete with case and some original accessories) at the NAPCA Convention in Chattanooga in excellent plus condition that sold for $13,850. That did not include shipping, etc. JIM

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Thats a good price!

·
2,360 Posts
Drilling only in excellent minus / very good condition for sale in upper east Tennessee....$12,500.
Regards, Jim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts