Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Jan C Still

M7 ROTH STEYR, ISSUE HOLSTER AND AMMUNITION.

Download Attachment: m7rothsteyr1.jpg
36.37 KB

Download Attachment: m7rothsteyr2.jpg
52.46 KB
M7 Roth Steyr, serial number 48546, bearing Lw eagle 12 Austrian acceptance stamp on rear frame below bolt. It is marked WAFFENFABRIK STEYR along its top strap. About 60,000 of these were manufactured by Osterreichische Waffenfabrik-Ges in Steyr, Austria between 1908 and 1913. It is shown above its issue holster and ammunition.

Download Attachment: m7rothsteyr3.jpg
27.64 KB

Download Attachment: 01-27-03-2 002.jpg
47.39 KB

An original boxed stripper clip of 8mm Roth Steyr ammunition dated 1913 (very rare).
Hi Jan
Wonderful looking rig.
This is a ammunition packet I got some time ago from Randy Bessler.
The "Made in Italy" has me stumped though.

Download Attachment: Mvc-001f.jpg
57.78KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-002f.jpg
57.25KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-003f.jpg
55.09KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-004f.jpg
48.23KB

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ed
Thanks for the 8mm Roth Steyr (made in Italy) ammunition photographs.

Pete
It looks like the refinisher did a good job on your Roth Steyr. What is the unit mark on the grip disk? Thanks for the photographs.
Jan

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
Hello Jan,

Here are a couple of more close-up photos to show grip strap unit ID and the stamping along the top of the receiver...

My serial # 1774 seems to be a very early gun, since you mentioned a production of 60,000 or so...

The refinsh work impressed me as well. I asked the seller if he knew who had done the work, but he did not know. I paid just a bit more for the entire gun as would a good refinish job would cost.

And the gun's bore shows very litle evidence this gun was fired much...and it is a very complexly machined pistol...

Download Attachment: M1907 4.jpg
66.86KB

Download Attachment: M1907 6.jpg
70.37KB

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Hi Jan,
I sure wish I could get into posting photos. My 07 is only about 100 numbers less than yours, still having the Land Wehr Lw eagle 12 date. I understand the Land Wehr were the reserves. I have never obtained a beautiful early original ammo packet with the stripper clips. I do have several strippers (rarer than the ammo), but an original packet has eluded me. My 07 must have been stored in the rig forever since it has a nice pitting line along each side of the barrel shroud. If that wasn't there, the gun would be 99%. I guess it was never issued because there are no unit marks on the disk.
, however the holster has a number stamped into a small brass plate affixed to the flap. I also don't have the shoulder strap. It is really fun to shoot with the Fiocchi ammo....not very accurate with the semi "double action" type firing mechanism though!!

Dave

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello
This is for posting the pics of the M07 ammo pouch.They are very rare,and actually they are the Rast Gasser revolver ones with fitted inside two wood little wooden long pieces,whose meaning is to keep "higher" the M07 ammo boxes(that are lower than the Rast Gasser ones) so it's possible to pull out them.The wooden pieces are kept in place by pins you can see on the bottom of the pouch.

Download Attachment: IM001691.JPG
104.3KB

Download Attachment: IM001695.JPG
101.98KB

Download Attachment: IM001696.JPG
103.2KB

Download Attachment: IM001704.JPG
114.47KB

Download Attachment: IM001706.JPG
129.95KB

·
Administrator
13,130 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Olefogey

Hi Jan,
I sure wish I could get into posting photos.Dave
Dave it isn't as hard as it seems, although several tricks are required:

1. You have to get the item into digital format, i.e. from a digital camera or scanner

2. You have to make sure the picture is "small" enough to be posted, no more than 300 kb's and usually 50-80 kilobytes is just great

3. Then you have to load it onto the system, which is probably the easiet of the 3 things to do!

Ed

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Ed,
Thanks for the info. I post pictures on e-bay all the time. How do I get into this system (forum)?

Dave

·
Administrator
13,130 Posts
Dave, if you use the "Quick Reply" it doesn't show you what to do.

But if you click on "Reply to Topic" or if you "Edit" your reply above, you will see add image and then it is easy as all get out.

Ed

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Paolo
Excellent photographs and presentation of M7 ammo pouch and ammunition.
Jan

·
Registered
111 Posts
GREAT SITE JAN!
THANK YOU PAOLO FOR YOUR VERY RARE PHOTO'S OF A/H WWI AMMO.
I cannot add much to this post except that the mark on your roth steyr is very rare indeed! Beside the one I own--your's is the only other one I have seen. I collect WWI A/H rifles and pistols. The Landwehr were equal in every way to the common army in A/H. See link:
http://www.austro-hungarian-army.co.uk/intro.htm
Any militaria with Lw/eagle/date is very rare and does command a premium.
Thanks
dg13

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Paolo
Is it hard to collect pistols in Italy? Do you have to have a licence?
dg13

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pete
F K 16 128 may signify: Feldkanonenregiment: Field Gun Regiment
Jan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts