Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I have only recently joined this forum and have limited knowledge of all things M712. But I have read through a bunch of threads. Still, I was wondering if I could get your opinion on a stock and harness for the M712. The stock looks good to me. Appears to be untouched although the Mauser banner stamping may be a bit light. The harness that is with it appears to be in incredible condition and I am uncertain if it is original or just a well made copy. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Bill

Attachments

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,020 Posts
It looks good to me...The leather/stitching & metal looks period made.
The stock has the color & grain..I like what I see but I am no expert.
In general, you see commercial items in much better condition than you find military.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I have two of these stocks, one has an original harness w/2 mag. pouch. The wider strap that secures the end of the cleaning rod is tapered to the same shape as that section of the stock that it fits on. Leather is much darker. Both my Mauser Banners are cleanly stamped. While not the best pict. and certainly a bit of a nit pick, the switch cutout is cleaner in mine.

Can you tell what all the black smears are???

If the mag. is loose, I am interested in buying it.???

PJH

Wood Font Creative arts Engineering Pattern

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have two of these stocks, one has an original harness w/2 mag. pouch. The wider strap that secures the end of the cleaning rod is tapered to the same shape as that section of the stock that it fits on. Leather is much darker. Both my Mauser Banners are cleanly stamped. While not the best pict. and certainly a bit of a nit pick, the switch cutout is cleaner in mine.

Can you tell what all the black smears are???

If the mag. is loose, I am interested in buying it.???

PJH

View attachment 669617
Hey PJH!

Thanks for the response and your thoughts on this stock and holster. In answer to your questions, I do not know what the black smears are. They do look like they have been there for quite some time. As for the magazine, I will be keeping it for now. However, if I do decide to move it along, I will reach out to you.

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts