Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would be the date of a wood bottom, nickle magazine with the serian number 8355. The suffix is possibly an 'e', 'b', or 'l'. It also has a plus sign.

Thanks

·
Administrator
16,709 Posts
Can you provide pictures?

The wood bottom would be pre-nazi, as around 1925 they were being fazed out. the suffix of e, b or i doesn't narrow it down much, as during WW1, they went through all of those suffixes.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The magazine only fits some DWM Military Lugers issued during WW-1, unless it has a crown proof on the wood base. In that case, it's an Erfurt Luger magazine of the WW-1 era. The letter suffix is insignificant because it does not have a crown acceptance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The above is confusing. These suffix ranges are found on the WW-1 pistol magazines in both DWM and Erfurt. I wonder about the Weimar era because I would look for additional markings. Maybe Weimar Police can dig into his bag of knowledge and come up with some additional information.
Tuff subject.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.