Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not an expert in Lugers by any stretch of the imagination but I have had two shooters. One a WWI era DWM and the other is an S/42.

A guy wants to swap me a Luger magazine and I asked him about the finish. He said "blue." I am under the impression that they are all nickel plated or in the white? Am I correct? Thank you!

George

·
Administrator
15,091 Posts
No, they were nickled and also blued. Blued is newer than nickled magazines, and I can look it up for different years later if needed.

Welcome to the forum George,

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Ed, for the answer and also the welcome! My first Luger was the DWM that had the date ground off i.a.w. the Treaty of Versailles or whatever caused them to do that. It had a wooden mag bottom and nickel plated body. My S/42 has nickel plated body and aluminum bottom. Appreciate the help. Happy shooting!

·
Registered
542 Posts
George,
* Nickle/tin coated, bright body mag tubes were contemporary up to 1936. The change, for Army accepted P.08's, to a blue tube occurred in the 'm' block of the 1936, S/42 coded Mauser P.08's. Droop Eagle 63 accepted mag bottom.
* As always in Lugerland, allow a transition period followed by a few late stragglers. Most "white tube stragglers" were used up by the early 1st variation, 1937 P.08's. I have seen a matching mag, "white" tubed mag as late as a 1938, S/42 "a" block. Looked straight-up; but, we did have some reservations about this one. Friend concluded it might be possible and bought the gun/mag as the price was fair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.