Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired an S/42 G date pistol without a correct magazine. I want to get one, although of course it won't have a matching number, but still beats MecGar! I assume I am looking for one with the white aluminum base...right? I see them with either blued or "in the white" bodies...does anyone know what would have been in use when my pistol was made?

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,118 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your "G" (1935) Luger would have been issued with 2 mags numbered to the gun and would have had the base you discribe and a "in the white" or nickel plated body. The blue body came in about midway thru 1936 production. If you can post some pictures of the gun and the mag that is in it now I'm sure some folks will be able to provide more info for you.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,118 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your "G" (1935) Luger would have been issued with 2 mags numbered to the gun and would have had the base you discribe and a "in the white" or nickel plated body. The blue body came in about midway thru 1936 production. If you can post some pictures of the gun and the mag that is in it now I'm sure some folks will be able to provide more info for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The serial number and letter suffix would identify the time frame of production and the inspector mark that should be on the correct magazine for your G-Date. As indicated by taudelt it will have a nickel body with no marks and a solid aluminum base.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.