Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Could someone help me to Id this mag. I believe that it is a luger mag but I don't know which year or model. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Download Attachment: lugermag 3.jpg
153.68KB

·
Copper Bullet Member
977 Posts
Hello Westwind! The magazine is for a Luger! In fact, it is for a Luger made in 1937 and, in addition, the Luger is known as a 1st SubVariation. This means it has a strawed finish on some of the small parts (take down lever, magazine release button, trigger, safety lever and ejector). The Luger was completed about February of 1937. I hope this helps!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frank, thank you for your reply.

I found this mag mixed in with some walther mags I had purchased.
I do not have a Luger, so I think I will trade it or sell it. Would you have any idea what a fair price for this mag would be, other than one dollar ?

Thank you

·
Registered
14,166 Posts
Of course...if you find the owner of the gun that needs this magazine...it could easily become a $ 500 magazine...:)

Heard this happened between a couple of members regarding an HK magazine...that price went up to $ 1000...:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pete
Fortunately, that's not how most luger collectors react to a fellow collector when a matching magazine is involved. A lot of collectors have found a matching magazine on my magazine mailing list. Nobody ever told me they were "held up". Reasonable cash or the trade for a like magazine seemed to work. Hope it continues in that direction.

·
Administrator
15,522 Posts
that and you got Cecil all excited....

Cecil, check prices on e-bay, or just offer it here on the forum and it'll sell fairly fast, provided it is in good shape.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Frank
As a small Luger collector from Washington, I must admit that I am very impressed with your knowledge of the Mauser luger. I wonder, are you absolutely sure that all - r - block 1937-S42 Lugers had straw small parts. I'm searching for data to prove this issue, can you help?
Thanks and good collecting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.