Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question about the magazine in my luger. it is a 1941 police banner serial #7421x, all matching except mag. the mag is what i need help with. it looks like a type 4 police on page 172 of jan stills third reich luger book. only it has no marks on it what so ever. can't find anything on its sides or spine, it has an aluminum bottom square cut with pin through center and not a mark on it. i have looked it over with a 10x loop and can't see where anything has been removed.
any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Well, it's not a french model : the french post war have nothing stamped and on page 172 there's the "haenel schmeisser patent" on the body for the french NO so perhaps the bottom is not genuine.Look on "bender" page 286 but I think if the pin is movable : it's only for police model and dutch.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Well Dave if no mark at all : why MY french post war magazine is in Norm's house!!.
In fact if no mark it could be for a french model : I never see those describe in the "de Vries" about the dutch luger page 218

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
taudelt and lu1900
thanks for the info, without any marks on the mag. i have no idea what i have, or where to look.
its not in any of jan's books, and those are the only books i have.
thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.