Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hardcover by Per Mathisen

This is a must have book for anyone interested in the P38, as far as I know it is the only publication specific to the P38 magazine. The many variations from the four manufacturers of mags are listed with a description and photograph. You just can't believe how many variations exist!

Per also talks about which variation would be proper for a certain P38, as it was issued. You will find yourself pulling mags out of your guns looking to see if you have the correct variation. The only downside is that you will start to collect mags and look for them at every gun show that you attend.

The book is in Norwegian and English. Mag collecting is fun and not too expensive just yet, the average cost is about $40 to $60.

Mark

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JB,

The book is in hardcover and costs $72.00 delivered or there about.

Available at:

Greysolon Arms.
1920 Greysolon Road.
Duluth. MN 55812
Phone 218-7248387

Talk to Barb, I don't think you will be disappointed. With the help of this book I have identified several mags for sale that at very rare.

Most recently a double e/135 marked mag for the very early made byf42 guns with the e/135 on the small parts, for $50.00!

Mark

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JB,

I am not sure as to how many pages since my copy is not revised, I know he has added pages since then. The book is about the size of Axis Pistols and hard cover but not as many pages. It is well organized and the pictures are clear.

Per is a great researcher having written a book on Spreewerk, however it is not available in English. He is currently writing a book about the P38's use in the Norwegian army.

The English translation in the Spotters book can use a little help but it does not distract from the research.

I have labeled my mag collection according to the references in his book.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.