Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

Just like to post some pictures of this nice early pistol: Mannlicher Model 1905. Bought this one a couple of years ago for something like US$ 350.00 . The guin has no pitting but I´ll let the pictures talk for me.

Wishes,

Douglas.

Download Attachment: MannlicherM19051.JPG
92.95KB

Download Attachment: MannlicherM19052.JPG
49.73KB

Download Attachment: MannlicherM19053.JPG
95.52KB

G

·
I am looking for documentary evidence of the dates for the Mannlicher M1905 contract to Argentina.
Can anyone give me references/sources for the year that the contract started and finished?
I am also trying to establish exactly what year a particular M1905 pistol was manufactured. The serial number is 5570

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Douglas
Excellent photographs of a scarce pistol.

From Gun Collectors Digest 4th Edition page 184: The 1901 and 1905 Mannlicher were manufactured from 1901 to 1905 by Waffenfabrik Steyr in Steyr, Austria. About 12,000 were produced with 5,000 of the M1905 going to Argentina.
Jan

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Very Nice Pistol !!!
I have serial number 3318.

It's in great shape except it's missing the mainspring (powers the hammer) Anyone have any ideas where I might find one?

It's surprising how comfortably it fits your hand.

Regards, Ned

·
Registered
1,782 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Pat,
About a year ago, Sarco Inc. was selling what they called stripper clips to load your M1 Carbine without removing the magazine from the gun. These were actually stripper clips for the 1905 Mannlicher!!! I know that Jim Shaffer, P.O. Box 381, Irwin, PA 15642 has them. His Phone # is: 1-412-672-6830....Quite a long distance call from France though!!

Dave

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
quote:Originally posted by olivier5848

Hello to all and Douglas.
Douglas what is the serial number of your 1905 Mannlicher?
Best regards
Olivier
Olivier and others,

thanks for your comments! It may sounds weird, but my pistol lacks the serial number! As you can see in the pictures, the pistol still has its original finish (there is no reblue or restoration) but I didn´t manage to find its serial number! As far as I know it must be stamped on the left side of the chamber?

Any tips about it?

Douglas.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Douglas,
The serial number should be on the left side of the barrel/chamber and under the gun on the front of the removeable (floorplate?). I don't know what you call this part. All of these numbers are readily visible without disassembly!!

Dave

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Dave , it's not the distance but my english which make a distance but I can do by email if you know his adress
Thanks for help
Best regards ...Pat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.