Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 1916 dwm #291 has a row of four marks on the frame close behind the barrel,right side. from l to r: crown over a fancy b. two identical marks of a crown over a fancy s or maybe d. the fourth mark is a crowned eagle with some scroll work on either side of his feet.they might be letters but are unidentifiable as such. can anyone tell me what i`ve got? H

·
Registered
542 Posts
H,
* A standard pattern of Imperial Army Inspector's marks signifying the progressive acceptance of the pistol assembly. The Prussian Eagle on the right is a Proof mark applied at DWM.
* The order of the crown/letter stamps starts from the left. A simplified explaination is: 1st one shows the receiver met hardness/dimensional specs. as a single detail. 2nd one shows a receiver-barrel assembly ready for proof testing. Then the Proof Test followed by the Prussian Eagle. Finally the right most c/letter stamp signifies final functional testing of the completed pistol.
* Trust this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.