Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Mas 1935s firing pin falling out

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  78pace 
#1 ·
I bought a Mas 1935 s from one of the big gun store chains and am having problems with it. When I received it there's no firing pin or firing pin spring so I purchased those and replaced it but it keeps coming out I'm not sure why. I installed it correctly, lifted the cartridge indicator and installed it. drop down cartridge indicator and it's still popping out like it's not holding.

Also I've noticed the safety on this slide doesn't look like a 1935 s safety I have normally seen. So I'm hoping someone can help me identify this gun with some information. I have pictures posted. I posted a pic of the firing pin as well that I put in with spring.

Gun White Trigger Iron Metal

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Wish I could help you sort out your firing pin issue, but I'm pleased to let you know your pistol is a collectible WWII wartime variant of only 4,117 1935-S pistols made after the liberation of France from the Germans but before war's end

Maybe this parts diagram will help:

BTW, here's what the correct variation of magazine looks like from the baseplate view:

#4 ·
wow, I wish I would be that lucky to find one of those at a big department store. LOL let me know how you make out. I actually have one that was prewar built. I clould probably take apart and take some pics for you. its possible you just have something backwards or something.

#5 ·
it was at gander outdoors and am not to impressed. Turns out that the cartridge indicator is broken. The little tab on it is gone and not holding the firing pin in. Since I can't find one I might have to make one and play with the size of the little tab.

#6 ·
wow, now that does bite. I agree, it probably will be difficult to find one. You are lucky if you have the skill set to make one. at least you figured out what the problem was. I am actually surprised they sold a gun at a big retail store like that without a firing pin and springs in the first place.

#7 ·
Ya I'm going to try to make it. The tab is what is going to be the issue with size and angle. Yep gander outdoors. Half hr before close never saw one before asked if complete and functional. Yep. But need to do background now due to the time. Said ok and now I'm here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.