Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a carry in at the gunshow today..excellent condition.. Side latch version made for export..stamped GERMANY..crown over U, sn# 33219 all matching, wrap around checkered wooden grips..now the boo hoo..I just spaced out and did not..go ahead and scold me..check out the bore and it has an almost imperceptable bulge just behind the front sight. It just looked too good to be true. I guess I will have to find another barrel for it. I spent $160 and could kick myself. Cone Ten

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Wayne,
Are you sure you aren't from up north here?? Several years ago? I was at the Manchester NH Gun Show and a Side Latch 1910 walked in also. It was almost pristene!! I figured how bad could the bore be!! Well, just behind the front sight it had a RING!!! I've subsequently sold it, and have never come upon a pristene 1910 side latch again!!

Dave

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OleFogey, No..this was in Louisville. The guy said he was given the pistol and didn't know anything about it. You are correct about pristine..maybe it squibbed early in life and was never handled much after that. Of course now when I run my fingers down the outside it feels like an ostrich egg..I only have one eye anyway so there is at least half of an excuse!! I will be looking for a barrel though. Numrich wants $80+ and are out of stock. Maybe the one you sold finally made it this far!! Cone Ten

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,331 Posts
Coneten, You must have been a potter...
You might want to try shooting it if that's what you bought it for. I have had two barrel bulge incedents and neither one affected the accuracy or function. On a 1911 A1 I simply chucked the barrel into a drill press and filed off the outside bulge so the spring would again go over the outside of it. Worked fine, only a slight ring on the inside. Jerry Burney

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.