Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am quite puzzled by this one & I'm seeking help on ID. It is a 1914 7.65mm Mauser Serial range 485XXX. It nas the C/U proof behind the rear sight & on bottom of barrel front lug.

Download Attachment: F Rgt Rd Bck.jpg
103.87 KB

Now it has this 0.502 marked frontstrap.

Download Attachment: O.502 Frt Strap.jpg
51.39 KB

And the magazine base marked 0.503.

Download Attachment: O.503 Mag Base.jpg
71.38 KB

What is this pistol ??

MARK

·
Registered
833 Posts
kidvett,

It looks like you have a transitional M1914/34 that may have been a early Kriegsmarine property marked pistol. In Jan Still's book Axis Pistols on page 162 he identifies these pistols with the O and N property mark on the front grip strap and magazine as Kriegsmarine. The Kriegsmarine pistols usually have a Eagle or a stylized M above the property marking. Is there a Eagle M somewhere on your pistol frame or slide? The property numbers usually ran horizontal on the front grip strap but some apparently were vertical also. Does yours also have a C/U proof? Hope somne of this helps and maybe others will jump in with additional information.

·
Registered
833 Posts
kidvett,

It looks like you have a transitional M1914/34 that may have been a early Kriegsmarine property marked pistol. In Jan Still's book Axis Pistols on page 162 he identifies these pistols with the O and N property mark on the front grip strap and magazine as Kriegsmarine. The Kriegsmarine pistols usually have a Eagle or a stylized M above the property marking. Is there a Eagle M somewhere on your pistol frame or slide? The property numbers usually ran horizontal on the front grip strap but some apparently were vertical also. Does yours also have a C/U proof? Hope somne of this helps and maybe others will jump in with additional information.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,

I made a small mistake in the posting ( I edited it ) It has the Crown U Proof behind the rear sight & the barrel lug. There is NO Eagle M Kriegsmarine Proof on the pistol. Only Proofs are the 2 C/U and the O.502 Property stamp.

Mark

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,

I made a small mistake in the posting ( I edited it ) It has the Crown U Proof behind the rear sight & the barrel lug. There is NO Eagle M Kriegsmarine Proof on the pistol. Only Proofs are the 2 C/U and the O.502 Property stamp.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.