Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 1914 #225320 which I believe would have been made late in 1920, just trying to confirm and a 6.35 1910 #382898 which I believe was in the 1930 range but was trying to pin it down a little closer. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
4570gov and mrerick - I am at work now when I get home I will reply with year of manufacture of your examples if Don doesn't beat me to it. Regards,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, just picked up 6.35 with 342160 slide and barrel. Frame is 162842. The last four numbers of the slide, 2160 have been stamped on the rear of the frame between the grip and striker pin hole. There is also a capitol A or triangle in a circle stamped below that. Do you know if that would indicate anything? Also when would the respective components been made?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Your 1910/14 was made in 1928. The 2160 on the back of the frame is the frame serial number. It is a partical serial number (the last 4 digits of the full serial number). The circled triangle is often refered to as a Portuguese contract marking but its true meaning is not known. The 162842 is most likely a frame inventory number which is sometimes found under the spring that serves as the magazine catch and operates the slide hold open device. Where is it located on the frame? I noticed that you are looking for some parts, some forum members here may be able to help. Good luck. Regards,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks,
Yes the 162842 is under the magazine catch. It is stamped in a large font not a small font that is what I would normally associate with a part number thats why I was wondering if it was an earlier frame that was reused.
Bill

·
Registered
1 Posts
Request for a year for 33815?

From reading in this thread I'm guessing 1914?

I don't have my pistol in hand yet, I just won it on Gunbroker. Here's the link if you'd like to see..

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=285747553

They initially thought it was a 1934 but is a 1914 and they claim it has a WWI German Military Proof? I'm hoping so!

Thanks in advance.

John

61 - 80 of 80 Posts