Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this question is going to sound bad because I wasn't paying attention to details (like being in college again!)
I was in a local gun store and saw a small Mauser pistol and Japanese holster. I am not sure if it was a 1914 or 1934 or one of the transitional ones. I know the difference, just forgot to look!
Anyway, on the tag it stated "Vet bring back with holster, correct serial number range"......is there a serial number range for Japanese Mausers? I can't remember ever reading about one?
Anyone else?
Dean

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hi Dean. Did you buy the 1914 mauser pistol? And if so can you show some pictures of it> I have a 1914 mauser pistol with the marking on the side , left side of the frame. Japanese markings in a circle. Was the pistol that you saw in the same spot. And what is the serial number of it. Mine is 304671. Do you have a up date to share with us?
Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob,
I did not buy the 1914. There was no markings on it and I couldn't locate any kind of records showing it shipped to Japan. By the time I got back to the shop for a follow up look, which is a ways from where I live, it was sold.
Dean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.