Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Fritz ...

Your C96 pistol (SN 405217) has the same Austrian proof markings that exist on a C96 - 8.15mm pistol involved in a detailed study that I am conducting ... Would you be kind enough to re-post the above photos (they are no longer available) ... There are several questions that I would like to ask:
(1) What caliber is your pistol ???
(2) What is your understanding of the {{ HV eagle 36 }} proof marking ??? ...

Thank you ...

Marty

· Registered
33 Posts
Fritz ... Thank you very much ... Your information is helpful ... Here are the proof markings that I am working with ...

I am still trying to understand why the {{HV eagle 36}} proof marking would be applied to these pistols in 1936 ??? ... What was so special about 1936 or what happened in 1936 that an Army Administration marking needed to be applied to these pistols ??? ... Just to validate that the pistol was army property ??? ... You wrote that in 1936 the Austrian Army was strongly upgraded ... I do not understand ??? ... What German word(s) would you use to describe what you mean ??? ...

Thank you ...

Marty

Added note: I just read a brief history of the happenings in Austria during the entire year of 1936 and understand what you mean regarding the 'strong upgrading' of the Austrian Army ... This has been quite helpful ...

Thanks again Fritz ...

Marty

Attachments

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.