Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

As my first post on this new forum, I decided to bring back again my Mauser C-96 issued to Austrian Air Corp during the WWI.

It is a Commercial Wartime C-96, serial number 405026 (with matching stock), which was issued to the Austrian Army during the WWI (1917), bearing the inspector mark on the right side of the chamber (W-n Eagle/17).

The gun also has the unit´s mark in its grip, LFA527, which mean Luftfahrt Abteilung (Air Corp Batalion) #527. After the war this gun was probably kept in an Arsenal until the Austrian ocupation by the Germans in 1938, when it was reworked to chamber the 9mm Luger (as happened with most of the Steyr Hahn 1912 pistols), and served again during the WWII, probably with a second line unit. This statement is made because this particular gun was bought directly from the American GI who owned it as a bring back souvenir from the last war.

When I showed the gun in the old Mr. Still´s forum, it was told that he has only seven Austrian Brooms in his data base, and this is the first in 9mm Luger. Nice, isn´t it?

Regards,

Douglas

· Registered
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pancho,

You are THE MAN. Thank you for posting my pictures. someday you will have to teach us how to do it!

Ed,

Thanks for your kind words.

Best wishes, amigos!

Douglas.

· Registered
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Paolo,

I didn´t check the "step" inside the chamber. Sorry... I´ll try to see that during this weekend.

The rear sight is graduate up to 1000 meters (not 500 as the Red Nines).

Douglas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.