Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Here enclose some pictures of my last discover: An experimental Mauser C 96 full auto 9X19 carbine fitted with a Westinger selector, the serial number is "V 9000" it was probably liberated from the Mauser museum in 1945 by a French soldier, this is probably the only one in the world to survive the end of the war and it is in its original condition. I am glad to provide hers some pictures of it for the worldwide Mauser collectors comunity data base.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
That is one unique carbine. There is little doubt it was part of the factory collection and an experimental piece. Either liberated from the factory or looted from the Mauser train. Thank you for sharing images of this one-of-a-kind Mauser. Congratulations!

Regards,

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Assume it's factory experimental, it's not early. The selector was a late style. It should be in the middle of Westinger production. If in the middle, why used a prototype-look-and-feel hammer... what was invented on the hammer... there are lots of things to think about...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Assume it's factory experimental, it's not early. The selector was a late style. It should be in the middle of Westinger production. If in the middle, why used a prototype-look-and-feel hammer... what was invented on the hammer... there are lots of things to think about...
Hi,
The hammer looks the same as on the Yougoslavian trials prototype. The thing that intrigues me most is the stock which is not similar to any C96 or 1917 type carbines.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I find it interesting that they put sights on machine guns in the first place.
It's selective-fire. Most of time, this type of gun still shoots semi-auto to avoid wasting ammo. In emergency, operator fires full-auto in very close range.

But it's a carbine, not a pistol. Why did its designer create this.... for its size, it's obviously less effective than MP38. What's the advantage of this, if it's not size... probably due to its semi-auto accuracy? Not sure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To be simple:

A catégorie: full auto weapons mortars, hand grenade etc forbiden to any one except army and some gunsmiths
B catégorie: pistols and revolver patented after 1900 and semi automatic rifles pump action shotguns of short size except those with rifled barrels and some more rifles!
C categorie: hunting guns and rifled carbine and rifles even semi automatic but with less than 3 cartridges in the magasine
D catégorie: fire arms made before 1900 except some kind (as system Mauser 98 Mosine Nagant etc who are in C categorie) and all the other weapons (knifes, swords, broads, bayonets, etc)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.